Explore tips + tricks, specially collected from and made in collaboration with our Makers.
Building a Community Around Your Brand
- Find your customers, get them by providing an incredible experience, and keep them by providing long term value.
- Give them a good product that they will believe in and stand by.
- Listen to your customers and evolve with their feedback.
- Don’t worry about generating revenue first. Focus on creating a product that people will be proud to use and in turn, refer you to others. Then, you can worry about $$$ and scaling the business.
Launching a Mobile App
- Send out a survey to your target market to collect feedback and prove your hypothesis
- Test out the market before developing a digital product
- Create a minimum viable product, even if it's a Squarespace website to shop the idea
- Focus on user retention first and how to drive up user activity before worrying about user acquisition
- Join incubators or tech-accelerators to jump start your funding or fine tune your business plan
- Bring on an advisor from the field
- Once you start acquiring users, be mindful of your branding and marketing
- Be you because everybody else is already taken!
Building a Personal Brand
- Build a reputation and a rolodex of references
- Have a track record
- Pedigree helps so get ready to work for it
- Know yourself and what truly matters to you
- Don’t take shortcuts and never compromise the “right thing to do” and your integrity.
- Have a vision of where you want to be and work backwards: Here’s an exercise! Imagine you turned 50 years old, and your wife/partner throws a huge party for you and you have to give a speech reflecting on 50 years to your closest family and friends. Write a draft on that speech. It forces you to imagine where you want to be and how you will get there.